When I run Sonar in Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bits )doesn't work

When I run Sonar in Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bits )doesn't work

Valentina-18

Hello All

This time I try to install Sonar in the last version of Ubuntu 11.10 (32bits)

I downloaded Sonar 2.8 and unzip the directory in the path : urs/local/
then I folow the intruction of sonar page :

Mode 4 - Run as a service on Linux

The following has been tested on Ubuntu 8.10.

Create the file /etc/init.d/sonar with this content :

#! /bin/sh
/usr/bin/sonar $*

Register Sonar at boot time :

sudo ln -s $SONAR_HOME/bin/linux-x86-32/sonar.sh /usr/bin/sonar
sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/sonar
sudo update-rc.d sonar defaults

but nothing is lunched or apparently (I verify the localhost and it's down and there is no logs in the sonar logs sonar-2.8/logs)  I tried also run the .sh located in bin path of Sonar and nothing happen,

valentina@valentina-VirtualBox:/usr/local/sonar-2.8/bin$ sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/sonar-2.8/bin/linux-x86-32/sonar.sh
valentina@valentina-VirtualBox:/usr/local/sonar-2.8/bin$

so I don't know what happen exactly, you can help me please

Vale

Re: When I run Sonar in Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bits )doesn't work

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi,

As I can see from your email - you never tried to execute "sonar.sh", but only tried to manipulate with it (like "chmod").

--
Best regards,
http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: When I run Sonar in Ubuntu 11.10 (32 bits )doesn't work

Valentina-18

Hello Evgeny  thank you for your answer, actually I miss the entry parameter ,

first I do

valentina@valentina-VirtualBox:/usr/local/sonar-2.8/bin/linux-x86-32$ ./sonar.sh
Usage: ./sonar.sh { console | start | stop | restart | status | dump }

and then

valentina@valentina-VirtualBox:/usr/local/sonar-2.8/bin/linux-x86-32$ ./sonar.sh start

and it's OK sonar runnn!!!

Vale